Heliocentrism is a model which states that sun is the center of the universe and the other planets and heavenly bodies revolve around the sun. Both Kepler and Newton through their laws of planetary motion has proves that observations.
Keplers law of planetary motion :
1. Law of orbits : Planets move around the sun as its focus in elliptical orbits.
2. Law of Areas : Line vector joining the planet to the sun sweeps equal area in equal time intervals.
3. Law of periods : Square of the period of a planet is directly proportional to cube from the mean distance taken from the sun.
Kepler’s law proves that there is a purely mathematical relationship between the distance of the planet from the Sun and the time taken to revolve around the Sun.
Based on Kepler’s laws, Issac Newton thought that all motion, from an apple falling from a tree to the planetary motion, follows the same basic principles. Newton stated his laws in the Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica (“Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy,”) which is published in 1687.
1. 1st law : All bodies tends to be in a state of rest or in state of motion until and unless an outside force is applied to it.
2. 2nd law : The rate of change of momentum of a body varies directly to the force applied.
3. 3rd law : All action has an equal and opposite reaction.
Thus both Kepler and Newton used math in support of their heliocentric model of the universe.