The equation that shows acts as the acid is
Acids and bases can be defined in many ways based on different theories, which are as follows:
1. Arrhenius theory: According to this theory, acid is defined as the one which produces hydrogen or hydronium ions in a solution, while the base is defined as the one which produces hydroxide ions in a solution. Examples of Arrhenius acids include HBr, and while NaOH and KOH are examples of Arrhenius bases.
2. Bronsted-Lowry theory: According to this theory, the acid in the reaction donates a proton while a base is one that accepts a proton. HCl acts as Bronsted acid while is a Bronsted base.
3. Lewis theory: According to this theory, an acid accepts a pair of electrons to electron-rich species while a base donates electrons to electron-deficient species in the reaction. Examples of Lewis acids are , while and ROH are the examples of Lewis base.
The equation to show the acidic nature of is as follows:
Here, exists as in the aqueous medium. It reacts with water molecule to form and is also released during the reaction.
1. The reason for the acidity of water brainly.com/question/1550328
2. Reason for the acidic and basic nature of amino acid brainly.com/question/5050077
Grade: High School
Chapter: Chemical reaction and equation
Keywords: acid, Mn3+, Arrhenius theory, Bronsted-Lowry theory, Lewis theory, H3O+, HCl, NH3, BF3, SO3, hydrogen ions, hydronium ions, hydroxide ions, aqueous, water, Mn(H20)63+, MnOH(H2O)63+, H2O, accepts, donates, electrons, reaction, proton.